Re: [ecasound] strange artifacts when mixing multiple wav files with playat

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 23:03:18 EET

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Erik Nomitch wrote:

> I'm trying to mix a list of samples together and running into some
> quirks. Everything mixes in the correct places, but I'm getting weird
> artifacts. I have a directory of evidence/clues here:

thanks a lot Erik for the detailed bug reports!

There was indeed a rather nasty bug in the "playat" implementation,
causing, in many use-cases, audible glitches at the start of the inserted
segments. So upgrade is recommended to all "playat" users. A snapshot that
includes this (and a few others as well) fix is at:

If you can find more oddities, please send a bugreport!

This email is sponsored by:
SourcForge Community
SourceForge wants to tell your story.
Ecasound-list mailing list