Re: [ecasound] Feature-request

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 14:19:07 EET

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I wanted to ask you for something for a long time. Could you implement
> a kind of alternative to -t, that says process until position of original
> file.
> I hate all that calculating sometimes when I cut of pieces at the beginning
> and the end.

Hmm, the problem is how to expose this in the user-interface. As
chainsetup can contain multiple inputs, you'd have to specify "stops
engine once position of input X reaches Y".

> And still there's one other item on my wishlist, concerning
> jack-connections. I wanna connect to my soundcard with jack. Couldn't ehre be
> something like:
> -i jack_alsa,pcm_playback_1,pcm_playback_2
> (or a more general form where you use -i/o jack,full_client and portnames),

This is a good idea. I've been thinking about adding "jack_multi", with
params "jack_multi,clientX1:portX1,...,clientXn:portXn". Ecasound would
automatically create a JACK node of 'n' channels, and connect to the
listed client ports (not necessarily the same client) when
ecasound engine is started.

  links, my public keys, etc at