Re: [ecasound] dsp busy!

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 11:46:39 EET

btw, the list has been now transfered to Let me
know if you notice any problems with the list.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Frank wrote:
> ecasound -b:256 -r -a:1 -i base.mp3 -o /dev/dsp -a:2 -i /dev/dsp -o
> new_track.wav
> but it seems I'm not able to open the dsp device in duplex. If I try just
> to play a file i have no problem but in this case the /dev/dsp device
> remain locked and I don't understand how to unlock it. I'm forced to
> reboot the system.
> The /dev/dsp remain busy.
> I also try to use the other dsp* devices but they are unavailable.

Your soundcard probably do not support full-duplex operation.
I recommend switching to ALSA drivers. See
ALSA comes by default on some distros (SuSE, Fedora FC3, recent Mandrake,
etc), but on others you need to install it by yourself.

 Audio software for Linux!
Download a FREE copy at
Ecasound-list mailing list